Topic: the sob story.

i'm skint.  like so skint i cant even afford to get flattr on the go (that's only 2 euros a month!)

i've kinda neg'd money for a while, being not a fan of usury and scarcity-based economics.

anyone got any ideas to get my ball rolling again?

ps, and dont say graphic design. ^_^
i get little joy, n lots of stress outta graphic design, n i'm gonna have to start charging quadrouple figures, or give it up. 

making artwork? great.
conforming to breifs for pieces with a purpose to fulfill someone else's agenda? not great.

what would be great would be a rich sponsor who can gladly and easily throw a few grand my way a year for food, bills, and materials, so that the arts may continue (and even make it to physical pieces, rather than just digital).

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: the sob story.

If you are in problem then why dont you arrange exhibition of you art-work. From this people will know you and get money to fulfill your requirement.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Digit wrote:

i'm skint.  like so skint i cant even afford to get flattr on the go (that's only 2 euros a month!)

i've kinda neg'd money for a while, being not a fan of usury and scarcity-based economics.

anyone got any ideas to get my ball rolling again?

ps, and dont say graphic design. ^_^
i get little joy, n lots of stress outta graphic design, n i'm gonna have to start charging quadrouple figures, or give it up. 

making artwork? great.
conforming to breifs for pieces with a purpose to fulfill someone else's agenda? not great.

what would be great would be a rich sponsor who can gladly and easily throw a few grand my way a year for food, bills, and materials, so that the arts may continue (and even make it to physical pieces, rather than just digital).

I am not getting exactly what are you talking about? Be a bit specific.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Bryantoth wrote:

If you are in problem then why dont you arrange exhibition of you art-work. From this people will know you and get money to fulfill your requirement.

man, i need better bot prevention... 
kitchen faucets...  seems like the thing a bot would have as their sig.

... you've never held an exhibition have you?  to do it properly, it's more expensive than the 2euro flattr cost, which i cant afford.  tongue

wastedartist.com is my exhibtion.  it costs me a grand total of about 4euros a year (depending on exchange rates).

it'd cost a few thousand to do it properly, what with all the framing costs, printing and materials costs, promotion and other organisational costs.

thnx for trying tho. exhibition is a good idea... i just need to find a way to do it for free.   ...hrmmm... if i could only make my own frames...

i'd love to use dwolla, as one of the payment methods... pity its usa only still.   ... i heard that the maths to enable anonymous zero-fee-transaction micropayments had been done... anyone know where we can find that to make use of it?

MichelleJohnson... i'm not even sure you're a real living being.   u kinda seem like a bot that slipped past the bot-prevention measures.   i thought i was plenty specific... maybe you dont understand the word "skint"... but even then, you should have been able to grok from context.  tongue    methinks i'll delete you soon, if you dont stop looking like a bot.   ^_^  canvas hrmm...

for more in a similar vein to how i'm thinking about this, check out the freedomart entry on http://digitsgnublog.tk ... though i'm sure it must seem silly to those who've never questioned the status quo, and never engaged a principled dedication to freedom.

anyhoo... more zazen seems to be helping.  workin on some stuff....

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Exhibition idea is best solution for promotion art and creative things.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

mkay, sorry if this sounds obnoxious... but have you bot-look-a-likes been reading? 

haz no money,

exhibition cost money, surely...  or am i missing some way of doing it for nothing?

none of my physical pieces are framed for a start.

Thumbs up Thumbs down